About Law Connect LLC
Mala Ravindran LLB Hons, Barrister at Law, (England & Wales) Advocate & Solicitor, Commissioner for Oaths & Notary Public (Singapore)
Ms. Mala Ravindran is a lawyer in Singapore with nearly 30 years of experience having been admitted to practice in Singapore. Upon being called to the bar in the UK, she was associated with the chambers of Edward Lyons QC in London and worked with him on criminal matters including white collar crime amongst others before returning to Singapore. Later she practiced law in leading firms in Singapore, such as Colin Ng & Partners, JLV with Sinclair Roche & Temperley, and later with White & Case as well as other local firms. Prior to starting out on her own Mala was a partner for 10+ years at Low Yeap Toh & Goon, a 40+ year old mid-sized law firm.
Her experience as legal counsel of the Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited and later as counsel for SESAMi an e-commerce subsidiary of Singtel, enabled her to gain wide ranging experience in corporate legal and operational issues relating to both general and life insurance matters life, and general insurance claims litigation, insurance drafting, as well as corporate legal issues relating to internet, media, and information communications technology (ICT). She gained experience in many and varied kinds of technology contract drafting,(through acquiring domain expertise) protection of information technology rights, intellectual property protection, infringement and in minimizing contractual risk exposures for such contracts.
Currently, Mala practices out of her own boutique practice firm in a group law practice setting and handles a myriad of general practice litigation and corporate work.
Mala is a Commissioner for Oaths and a Notary Public.
Appointments / Memberships
- Pioneer Member of Personal Injury and Property Damage Committee of the Law Society of Singapore;
- Member of Information Technology Practice Committee of the Law Society of Singapore 2004 to Present
- Hon Secretary & Council Member, Medico-Legal Society Singapore, 2012 -2016
- Hon Asst Secretary & Council Member, Medico Legal Society Singapore, 2017 – Present
- Member – Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore
- Commissioner for Oaths, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Notary Public, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Member, ASEAN Lawyers’ Association
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law